Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What's in my coffee? More on Great Visualization

A while ago I blogged (see Geography of Job Loss) about the power of data visualization, the art of presenting data in a compelling way. One of my other traditional online haunts is Dark Roasted Blend (www.darkroastedblend.com/) which continues to provide my one stop for what’s new and cool on the Internet.

Persuant to provide information in an interesting and informative manner I present the following link (courtesy of Dark Roasted Blend) that, for those of you like me who love Coffee and have always wondered exactly what makes a Mocha different from a Cappucino:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/two-eyes/1285147549/

Again, for all you marketing folks out there looking for inspiration on how to turn that bar or pie chart into something a bit more powerful and communicative please pay attention! There is no reason that you can take that data and present it in widgets! See how much more powerful that is?!

I think the frustrating part for me is that while I know what I want I don’t necessarily have the talent to create it. So I hire a professional to do it for me. Afterall, if you hire a professional you get professional results!

No comments:

Post a Comment